Program Quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Quits

I have a chronic problem with DCart 32 shutting down every time I try to use "Search for help on..." under the Help pull-down menu. I always get a dialog box that says: "DCart32 has encountered a problem and needs to close." The box goes on to ask if I want to send a report to Microsoft.(never get a response!). The only way to access Help is by not running DCart32 and selecting the Help program through the Computer Start menu.
    Can anyone offer insight please? I am running XP on a fast Dell with 512MB RAM.
    thanks,
    malcolm
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-02-2019, 09:19 PM.

Re: Program Quits

I received this helpful information that I would like to pass on in case others are running into XP problems -- I have noticed a lot of crashes with XP in other programs too!

"Hi,
    ?
    I suspect you're running XP.? Microsoft changed something in their help engine so that this link under the help menu gives you this message.? We're trying to track it down, but they claim if it worked earlier, it'll still work now.
    ?
    Anyway, there's a very easy workaround.? Instead of click on Search in the help drop down, instead click on Contents.? Now you'll have? exactly the same search function available there.? It's easy.
    ?
    We're glad to help anytime.
    ?

Curtis Crowe
    Tracer Technologies, Inc. http://WWW.tracertek.com
    mailto:curtisc@tracertek.com
    717-764-9240
    717-764-9254 (fax)"

Comment

Working...
    X