auto indexing from playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto indexing from playlist

When using the playlist to copy from the pc to minidisc via optical cable the md deck will automatically index the the tracks...very cool! However it seems that this only happens if the files were ripped from a cd. If the files are of external analog source the indexing does not occur. Is there any way to make this so for analog-origin files? Thanks!

-Danny Gilbert
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-17-2019, 11:01 AM.
    Danny Gilbert

Re: auto indexing from playlist

I see this is a hot topic Anyway, I've recently and quite accidentally answered my own question. One day while copying a file from pc to md that I originally ripped from a cd, the md deck inserted a new track number during a silent gap in the song, which was about 2 seconds long. Ah hah! Could the Sony "Smart Space" feature trigger itself due to dead silence? So later when trimming a file from lp, instead of just knocking off the end of the file, I muted from when the music has totally faded out to the end of the file. That was it! At least one second of silence triggers the Smart Space feature of Sony md decks. So now if I have several lp/tape files to copy to md, I set up a playlist of those files, start the list playing and the md deck recording and just let it fly, watching the deck insert a track number at the beginning of every file. Too Cool! Just a tip from one learning md user.

-Danny Gilbert
    Danny Gilbert

Comment

Working...
    X