DCart32 presets to DC five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCart32 presets to DC five

I just upgraded from DCart 32 to Dc Five... it looks great, but I can't find a way to get my presets from the old version transferred to the new.

Am I missing something, or is this not possible?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-20-2019, 03:44 PM.

Re: DCart32 presets to DC five

Because we did a major overhaul of the way presets work, there is not direct way to transfer a preset from previous versions to DC5, or Live5.

I do have a utility that I used to initally move the presets to the new format. I could polish that up and make it available if there is enough interest.

Rick

Comment

Well, *I* have enough interest! <g>

Seriously, it seems logical that anybody who has used DCart for any period of time at all has come up with their own presets, and would like to transfer them to the new version. And I don't think the utility would have to be very poilshed, since it's going to be a one-use item.

Comment

Is the number of presets limited in the new version? I seem to remember that the old version began to run into trouble after a certain number of presets, at least for some filters.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

In practicality, there is no limit to the number of presets on DC 5. (limited by O/S and hard drive size, I suppose.) That is one of the reasons for the change in the presets system design. Also, customers can now share presets with one another using the new system.
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I'd also be interested in that utility!

Comment

Working...
            X