Strange noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise

Hello you all. I'm new to the product and noises in general. Can someone help me pinpoint what type of filter can remove noise from a sample I have? If so please send me an email and I'll forward the short clip to you.

ipayne@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-28-2019, 04:56 PM.

Re: Strange noise

Just send me a 10 second sample of the noise, hopefully sampled at 44.1 KHz or higher, and I will analyze it for you using DC Art. Send the sample to dctools@aol.com or Craig@diamondcut.com.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Jpayne,
      Like You I'm new to DC32. My first conversion from LP to CD went fantastically but with my second ?!@#.

I'm getting strange noises too.... something like an electronic echo. Its a Jazz track with Sax and Trumpet and does not exceed the Peak (Red zone) on recording. It's a subdued , background echoy sound rather than "live" (and I think it's the trumpet?)

I've sampled all the filters but cannot get any result. The LP source is fine!? How did you go with your query? (If I knew how I would send you a sample)
      Peter

Comment

Jpayne,
        Like You I'm new to DC32. My first conversion from LP to CD went fantastically but with my second ?!@#.

I'm getting strange noises too.... something like an electronic echo. Its a Jazz track with Sax and Trumpet and does not exceed the Peak (Red zone) on recording. It's a subdued , background echoy sound rather than "live" (and I think it's the trumpet?)

I've sampled all the filters but cannot get any result. The LP source is fine!? How did you go with your query? (If I knew how I would send you a sample)
        Peter

Comment

At what stage in the process was this echo introduced into the wavefile? Was it introduced at the transfer to hard drive stage, or later in the process. If it was introduced at the transfer to hard drive process, was the sound card set with all of its DSP features (such as echo, reverb, etc) disabled? Please advise.

Comment

Thanks for sending a sample of the song with the strange sounding noise. What you have there is reverb added onto the transferred recording. This could only have happened if the sound card was in "reverb" mode while recording. Many soundcards have this feature and you want to be sure that it is turned off when doing a transfer. Although Diamond Cut Millennium has a reverb function, it can not be invoked during the recording (transfer to hard drive) phase of the process. Usually, the sound card has some sort of a control panel associated with it. The reverb enable will be found on this control panel.

Comment

Working...
            X