Page fault on Interpolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page fault on Interpolate

Have a vinyl track which has a scratch, causing a pop each revolution. Still haven't been able to dispose of this via auto filtering.

I zoomed into this section, and attempted to do an Interpolate. I hilite the spike, and press the "I" key, and kablooey! Get the page fault error. Of course, that's it for that session. (This is not the "marked section is too large to interpolate" thing.) This is just the normal Windows fatal error dialog pop-up.

On one occasion, I did succeed to interpolate without the page error, but it didn't do anything.

I have a 1g Athlon with 256Meg of ram, and Windows 98SE. I'm using Millennium/Live 4.0L.

The only items running, other than system stuff are the Creative mixer, and Clean Sweep, which monitors installs and file usage. I don't believe, though that these items sould be causing a problem.

Any ideas what's causing this?

I would also be interested in any suggestions on how I might clean up the pop each revolution with the filters.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-21-2019, 01:21 PM.

Re: Page fault on Interpolate

HI There R.W.

I few things to consider, the primary one being the version of LIVE that you are running, from your post you indicate it is v4.0L. This, if memory serves me correctly was the very FIRST release of the LIVE software, which has had several revisions since, and last stood at 4.80, prior to the release of the NEW LIVE FIVE Software, so you might want to consider upgrading, as this would, almost, without doubt resolve your "page fault" problem.

With regard to settings that might be able to better remove the impulse "automagically" try the following;
    Treshold Set to 1
    Size Set between 24 to 30
    Tracking Start at 60 and bring it down until the impulse is gone. (Be careful with how far down you adjust the Tracking as it "can" produce "distortion" like artifacts on your resulting output.)
    And finally try HQ mode or LP mode. I generally use HQ mode, but if distortions are heard LP mode can be of assistance in resolving them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Comment

Re: Page fault on Interpolate

Thank you Jason.

After some more futzing, I was able to do the interpolates, but not on the subject project. I just wasn't zooming far enough, I guess. But at any rate, the program shouldn't have just bombed out. It should have given an informative error message. But being a programmer myself, I can see how these things happen.

I'm holding off on the subject project for awhile to tackle a couple less stubborn ones.

I'm thinking very seriously about upgrading to Five. It may make things a little easier. I've been holding out, since I have been out of work for over a year and a half, and am living on savings. But, what the heck!

I still haven't tried your suggestions concerning using the filter to eliminate the larger clicks, but I shall.

Comment

Working...
      X