DC 5 abending when writing peak file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC 5 abending when writing peak file

I am trying to run the MultiFilter process on a WAV file derived from sampling an LP. When I run it, it completes the filter pass, but always abends trying to write the peak data file.
    I have tried a number of different WAV files, but the result is the same.
    Does anybody have any ideas about what the root cause might be? I have DC5, upgraded to 5.03 specification.

Re: DC 5 abending when writing peak file

Are you operating in non-sync file mode? If so, place the system in sync file mode and you should be ok. Please advise.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I'm confused...is this a setting within DC5, or within my OS?

Comment

Sync mode is part of DC 5 and is found under the view menu. BTW - you must have a file open to see this option.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I just checked under the View menu and Sync Files are enabled. I am also getting this problem when I try to save a file that I created by cutting a section from another file.

Comment

Are you using source/destination mode or FastEdit mode?
            This error sounds like one from FastEdit mode.
            How much disk space is available on the temp drive? The temp drive is set in the preferences menu.

Comment

Using source/destination mode. Temp drive has 11.2 Gb of free space.
              Just tried the Repair option on the software, no change. I will now re-install the whole package...(grrrr)
              [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I installed the software again and that made no difference.
                I can retrieve the dctmpxxx file from the work directory after the failure, so I am now re-srarting DC5, reading that file, and rebuilding the peak file from it. The dctmpxxx file seems to be OK, so I am able to use that going forward. Lousy workaround though... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

What OS are you running? Perhaps it would be better to work on this on the phone. Have you called TracerTek for support?

Here are a couple of other things to try:
                  1) Update your display driver.
                  2) Decrease the hardware acceleration of you display driver display settings.
                  3) Install the latest version of DirectX
                  4) Run Checkdisk (or scandisk)

Comment

Working...
                  X