Transfer settings from demo to licensed version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer settings from demo to licensed version

I was evaluating the demo version of Millenium and just purchased the real thing. I made some settings and named them, and would like to transfer them to my licensed version. I don't see any files that contain them, nor any obvious Registry settings.

Is there some way to transfer those settings? I am a relatively advanced Windows user and an experienced software engineer, so I'm not likely to break anything.

Dave

Re: Transfer settings from demo to licensed version

It is easy to do with DC 5, but we did nothing to facilitate that function in Millennium. You could open your presets.ini as a text file from the demo version if you want and try to transfer the data into the new .ini file, but it might be tricky.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Dave,

You might want to "hunt" through your Windows folder for *.ini files and rename the DEMO .ini file to that of the licensed version, and "away you go"....

Regards,

Comment

Jason,

Does our demo version have all of the presets of our saleable version? I know, I should know, but I forget! LOL. Any idea?
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

[ QUOTE ]
          Jason,

Does our demo version have all of the presets of our saleable version? I know, I should know, but I forget! LOL. Any idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awfully good question... Having not ever really used the demo in the time that we have been distributing the product I can't tell you. But, I think, all of the presets are the same between the two. Maybe Rick could jump in on this one. Also, Dave might be able to tell us, after all, i assume he does have both installed in his 'puter.

Regards,

Comment

The two files are fully compatible, but the one that comes with the licensed version has some additional settings such as:

_*xVinyl dual-mode tic & pop filter=1,7,2,0,70,1,0,0,0,0,0

Not sure how they differ from the others. Anyway, I just added my entries from the demo version's file to the file for the licensed version, and all was well.

Thanks guys!

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X