Would you buy it again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy it again?

I am thinking of purchasing the Value Pack from Tracer Technologies, substituting the DSP 24 for the XG sound card. It includes:
    DC Millennium Edition
    Dart CD Recorder 4.0
    Phono Preamp
    Hoontech Digital XG soundcard, but may substitute the Hoontech DSP24 Value, or possibly the ST Audio DSP24 Mark II.
    I would greatly appreciate any/all comments on the DC Millennium s/w, the Dart CDR 4.0. and any of the soundcards, aprticularly if you would buy the package you originally bought again?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-04-2019, 08:16 PM.

Re: Would you buy it again?

I really love DC Art Millenium. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I bought a Hoontech card marketed under the Tracer Technologies name. When I upgraded to Win2k, I contacted Tracer for drivers. They said sorry, contact Hoontech. I pointed out their name was on the box, not Hoontech's. Didn't matter. When I contacted Hoontech, they said they had no plans to release drivers for Win2k, so I was SOL. Too bad, because I liked the card and it was only a year old. I guess I can't blame them since technology changes so fast that the card was already outdated. Other than that, Tracer has been good to deal with.

Doug

Comment

But will the card still work with the 95/98/Me family?

And what is it that makes you like that card so much?

Comment

Greg,
        I liked the Hoontech card because:
        A) It was paid for and I'm descended from Scots
        B) It was a good sounding card.

It can and did work with Win98/ME. Win2K is much better, so using the older OS was a worse situation. I packed up the card and sent it to my son, who's happy with it.

Regards,
        Doug

Comment

I have Millenium and the DSP24ve (bought separately from TracerTek). I would buy both again in a minute.

The DSP24ve came with much better drivers than the HoonTech card it replaced. I'm running W98se so can't comment on W2K drivers.

Comment

I would purchase D/C Millennium again in a heart beat..unless I had more money, then I'd buy D/C Millennium Live!! Tom

Comment

Working...
            X