No announcement yet.

Tell us your wish list of new features.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell us your wish list of new features.

Unless I've missed something...a built in cd ripper would be handy. I just love to warm up the harsh sound of early cd's using VVA.

-Danny Gilbert
    Danny Gilbert

Comment

How about the ability to dither down from 24 bit to 16bit resolution.

Comment

Several Dithering options will be available in the next version.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

How about supporting directx and or vst plugins ?

Comment

These may be more like bug reports than enhancements:

You've placed markers in a file. You then do a cut or paste insert ahead of the markers. The markers are now no longer where you put them relative to the audio. I think the marker positions need to be adjusted so that they remain in the same location relative to the audio.

You have started a long running filter or batch operation. You them minimize DCart via the minimize button or the windows-D key to clear the screen while you do something else. Restore DCart via the task bar. Play around with this min/maxing several times and you may get a failure. Doesn't happen every time. One time, the min/max/close buttons of the DCart window quit responding. OS is W98se.

---Scott.

Comment

More generally than this, the current version is very non-Windows-standard in the sense that it does not seem to remember the previous window sizing and reproduce that the next time the program is started by option of default. I always use the program maximized - however the program always opens unmaximized so the first job is maximizing it (AND moving the *$#% curser out of the way), both unnecessary steps most of the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DickL:
              The previous suggestions pretty much cover what I was thinking with one exception (and the insignificance of this says how awesome the program is), could you please fix it so the clock display returns to where it was when the program was closed? It opens up in the same place every time and I have to move it back to where I had it last time.
              Thanks, Dick
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

How about putting "quantize for CD audio" on the batch and multi-filter options, and gain normalize on multi-filter?

Dan
                Dan McDonald

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig Maier:
                  To de-thump without producing a glitch, one must only use the first order version of the high pass filter (6 dB / Octave). Steeper slopes (12 or 18 dB / Octave), by mathematical definition, have a "ringing" transient response resulting in glitches. Perhaps this is not made clear in the users guide. Will look into it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One way to reduce glitches when using filters is to make the filters minimum phase by doing a two pass operation; forward and reverse. This option I would like to see in DC Mil for high pass, low pass, bandpass, and notch. Also steeper high and low pass filters are desireable to remove vocal plosives without affecting the overall sound. Steeper filters are easily obtainable when the linear phase option is used because two passes gives double the attenuation.

Whenever pasting is done (such as with local use of filters), select the beginning and end points at zero crossings. This reduces the possibility of glitches.

Comment

Working...
                  X