New Millenium user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Millenium user

Am trying to create .wav files from cassette tapes - after recording & saving, I can open the file in the Source window but cannot play it - I get the error message, "The specified file is not supported & cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determine the supported formats."[*]

Re: New Millenium user

It sounds like your sound card is not set up properly. Go to the device I/O preferences and set it up for the desired sound card and the system should then work for you.

Comment

Tried checking the I/O selection, but still only able to record AND playback at 16 bit resolution. Shouldn't I be able to use 24 bit? Even when I "Save As" 24 bit, the file will still not play back - only on 16 bit.

Comment

I had this error with DC5 and found that if my video resolution was set too high, this was the result. Try backing off the video resolution, this should help.

Comment

Not all sound cards support 24 bits. Perhaps you have a soundcard that does not? That would sort of make sense given the type of error message that you are seeing.

Comment

Working...
          X