Help!Really High Input Levels from hi fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!Really High Input Levels from hi fi

Just loaded Millennium and want to start recording old vinyl singles onto laptop. Only got a headphones out socket on record player and only got a mic in socket on laptop (though it's a new laptop). Turned mic level right down on pc but levels way too high - all distorted. Is there ANYTHING I can do? Thanks. Sally

Re: Help!Really High Input Levels from hi fi

You will need to attenuate the signal before it gets to the sound card. The level control available to your software is after the first input stage so it is too late.

The hardware required can be a simple as 2 resistors or a volume control stereo pot. If you want to buy a solution I think you could buy an Lpad at a music store and some plug adaptors but this would be a bit more expensive.

Comment

Sally
      Sometime there is a checkbox to change the gain of the mic input. Look in the recording section of the "Volume control" app and see if there is a check box for Mic boost or Mic Gain. My computer has an "Advanced" button that brings up a dialog box with this control on it. Turning off the Mic Boost should fix it.

Comment

Many thanks for your suggestions. I will try again.

Sally

Comment

Working...
        X