Use of multi-Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of multi-Filter

I'm a DC-5 user (newbie). I would like to try the multi-filter on an old record that I have digitized as one wav file. I've set the filters to remove scratch and crackle using the EZ impulse filter and also inserted a high pass filter to remove the rumble. When I click the live preview button, it shows that I have only -1 samples that are being previewed and the record/play box shows stopped. Now I did try the preview button as well, but while it did show me as having 112,000 samples, it did not preview.
    What am I doing wrong...

Re: Use of multi-Filter

JohnA
    The Live preview button will take audio in from the sound card, so if you already have the wave file recorded, then you would use the preview button.
    You should get some sound out when you press the preview button. If you dont, check the settings of the filters in the multiflter. For example, start with low values on the sliders of the EzImpulse filter, and make sure the frequency of the highpass filter is set to some reasonably low frequency like 20Hz.

Hitting bypass should get you some sound. If not, try taking out one filter, and starting simple, like with just the highpass.

Comment

Working...
    X