Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs

I've discovered two bugs that can be reproduced every time.

First, if I use the pause button during playback, "Playback from here" ceases to work. It'll work fine during the entire session unless I happen to use the pause button. This is a minor, but annoying bug.

This second bug is much worse. If I use the "Scrub Playback" option, I start getting errors when trying to zoom in or out on the waveform. The error box says "Encountered an improper argument." If you try and save what you've been working on you get this error box: "Error saving the source file with the specified name. The file may be in use or corrupt. Try using the save as command with a different name". If you try to use save as, it doesn't work and the same message pops up. This bug cost me about an hour of work the other day.

We'll look into those,

Thanks,

​Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

After the bugs are fixed, we shall post an updated version on the Diamond Cut Productions website. You will have to uninstall the original version and re-install the new version. Your registration information will all be maintained, so there will be no need to re-register.

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig!

Comment

Marcus
          I have been able to reproduce the first one, and I should be able to get that fixed.

For the second one, I have not been able to reproduce it. Can you give me some more details on what kind of file you are working on (Bit depth, sample rate)?

Thanks
          Rick
          Rick

Comment

Marcus,

Besides what Rick asked, what operating system are you using?

Craig

Comment

Marcus - does bug number two clear out if you re-boot your machine?

Craig

Comment

I was able to reproduce bug number 2 on Win7. I used a 30 second Make Waves 440 Hz sine wave, stereo, 16 bits, 44.1 kHz. Unable to save it after scrubbing it.

Craig

Comment

I am using a Windows 10 laptop with all the latest public updates. The file I am working on is a stereo recording, 24 bit, 96khz. Rebooting doesn't seem to do anything that just exiting and restarting the program doesn't do.

Comment

I can reproduce that bug, but Rick can not. Not sure why. What happens if you try it on a 16 bit file?

Craig

Comment

I will try a few other files tonight and let you know.

Comment

I have tried a 16 bit 48khz stereo file with the same result

Comment

Rick is using Win10 also, so go figure. What type of machine are you using? I am using a Dell with Win7 and Core i5 (32 bit) and am able to reproduce the bug.

Craig

Comment

It's an HP Core i5 that came with Windows 10 64bit installed:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04856188

Comment

We have narrowed bug number two down. It only happens when using Fast Edit (FE) mode. So, until we fix it, you have a work around if you need to scrub. Just switch to Classic Edit mode for scrubbing and then it will save. The other bug is fixed and will appear in the first bug fix release.

Craig
                              Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-07-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X