Demo Wave Files Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Wave Files Not Working

Just finished installing DC10. From FILE menu I selected "Open Demo Wave Files. That gives me 5 choices; none of them work.

The first four each give me the following message:

"ERROR: An error occurred writing to the file
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-26-2019, 04:43 PM.

I can not say, but would guess that something is corrupted in your installation. Please uninstall the software (your registration will persist). Then, re-download the program and re-install it and I will bet that fixes the problem. The program is the demo version found here:

http://www.diamondcut.com/st3/product/dcart10/

Download the trial/demo version. That converts to the registered version when it sees your computer registry.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-25-2017, 04:39 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I did uninstall and re-downloaded the program. Still getting the same result.

However, rather than select "Open Demo Wave Files, I selected "OPEN SOURCE" and was able to open the four wave files without any error messages.
      Do I need different permissions depending on how I access the files?

Comment

I am not sure what permissions are required. I would think that if you are the admin, you have full and direct access to all the files.

Craig

Comment

I am also seeing the same issues as RochesterNovice noted. All the .WAV files give ERROR: An error has occurred writing to file. Path: C...\...\...\HissBurstDemo.wav The disk may be full or the file permissions may be incorrect. I am ADMIN and all permissions were FULL Control and plenty of room on disk.

The .MP3 gives ERROR: converting MP3 to a WAV. All DEMO files open properly using OPEN SOURCE command.
          Last edited by RMBasso; 10-04-2017, 09:00 PM. Reason: Noticed that the demo files path in DCart10 indicates .....\DCForensics10\..... but the DCart 10 program creates a path with ....\DCart10\..... when I installed it.

Comment

Again, not sure. I am not seeing these things. As for the .mp3 conversions, have you selected a converter (there are some choices under the preferences menu). I am running on Win7; maybe that is a difference. But, everything was tested on Win10 over a period of half a year, so it is a mystery right now.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-28-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Craig,

I didn't edit my comment correctly yesterday. The DCart 10 program has the path for the demo files as ...\DCForensics10\... but creates the path as ....\DCArt10\.. I think if you are using DC Forensics 10 you have no problem getting to the files but if you use DCArt 10 the program does not create a DCForensics10\Wavefiles folder, it creates a DCart10\Wavefiles folder. So DCart 10 can't find demo files when you use the "Open Demo Wave Files " command.

Dick

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. It appears that all of the testers (including myself) had DCForensics running on the testing machines. So, that explains things. It is now fixed, but will not be released as a bug fix until we fix another bug first.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

That bug has been fixed in DCArt10.5 and upwards (including DCArt10.6)

Comment

Working...
                  X