Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Check If you Have The Latest Version

Group,

In the past, the Diamond Cut Support location would show the Software Versions of the various products. Thus, you could check that your version was the "latest". The actual version of the programs is currently not shown. Could the versions be shown so that you can see if you "missed" an update for your software ?

Marc

Hi,

The shipping version of DCart10 is 10.06 right now (11-28-2017). A number of bugs have been found and fixed, so a new version is likely to be released around the New Year (as a guess).

The point is well taken that the latest version number(s) should be published here or on the website. Alternatively, I guess it would be clever to be able to click in the About section of the Help menu (What is the Latest Version) and have it report the number there. It's something that we might want to consider.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Rick and I have discussed adding a menu item to the help menu that queries the Diamond Cut server to fetch and display any revisions for the product(s).

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-09-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

A new feature has been added to the help menu. When click on, it will go to the Diamond Cut Productions server and check to see if your version is up to date. If not, it will tell you so. This feature will be included in a free product update available shortly.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

The shipping version is now rev 10.08. If you do not have that, uninstall the one that you have and download the new trial version here:

http://www.diamondcut.com/st3/product/dcart10/

It's the trial version that you should use; it converts if you are already registered.

Craig

ps - your registration information will "stick".

Comment

Nice feature in the help menu. Is the forensics version next ?

Marc

Comment

Yes, we are working on the next update to the DCForensics10 now. I will hazard a guess that it shall be available in Jan of 18. There is a new feature that we are trying to develop right now to include in that product.

Craig

Comment

Thanks, Craig. Getting ready to download and install.
                John

Comment

Make sure you un-install the previous version before installing the new one. Let us know how you make out with it.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X