Error trying to extract audio from video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error trying to extract audio from video

Can I extract audio from a quick time movie file (.mov) file? When I bring it into DC10 I can view the file and hear the audio but when I try to extract the audio I get "Error Creating Audio Decoder Filter" Is there any way to get around that?
    Thanks

I do not know if that is a supported format, but I have asked around to see.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

MOV is not a compression but a kind of container and it can contain different codecs (audio or video). It means, mov files can be opened if audio and video codes for THIS specific file are installed. In the plain english: for mov files there is no general rule as it depands on the file.
      If I am not mistaken, Apple has stopped support of this format few years ago.
      What I suggest is to convert mov file to typical WIndows format like avi with any conversion software available around - I suggest XMedia Recode which is free and very flexible and then use such converted file to load into DC10.

Comment

Hi,

Ok - we are not that familiar with all of the video codecs and wrappers. The only thing that we know is that there are a very large number of them, all being different. Thanks for the suggestion on extraction of MOV wrapped files.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I kind of did what you recommended using Premier Elements (my video editor). By using the the extract function I was able to output the audio only to a WAV file which I then was able to import.

Comment

Working...
          X