When Updating, Keep the User Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Updating, Keep the User Settings

This may have been discussed before, but since it's the new year and all, let me add a request.

When I install the Diamond Cut software I spend time setting up my preferences for the tune library, colors for display, etc. While it doesn't take that much time, it still takes some effort to get all the fine features of the software set to be the way I want.

It seems, though, that if I update the software, most of my preferences change to the "default" setting which isn't always the ones I want.

Is their a way to avoid having the user preferences change during a software update ?

Marc

I think that we preserve user presets; not sure about color schemes ,etc. Is that correct?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

It seems that all the settings in the "preferences" tab get set to defaults when an update occurs.

Marc

Comment

Ok. Not sure what would be involved in changing that. I guess that the un-installer would have to leave some more files behind. But, there may be other implications of doing that (law of unintended consequences).

Craig

Comment

I would like to see that feature as well, so as not to have to remember all the previous settings and then re-apply.
          John

Comment

We will review that.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X