Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCart10 Stopped Working ?

Group,

My DCart10 stopped working on my Windows 7 system.

Idea... I have DCart 10 using the DC Forensics tune library location so that changes to the tunes library I make in Forensics will also be made in the DCart10 program. Thus, I use one location for both tune library's. I wonder if that is a problem ?

Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-18-2019, 01:52 PM.

Marc,

When you say stopped working, can you be more specific? Does it crash? Does it attempt to launch? Do certain features not work? Have you tried a re-boot? Have you tried an un-install and then a re-install?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

When the DCart10 Icon is clicked, the program fails to run. I get the usual Microsoft" message" and then nothing. I have tried reboot, re-install, etc.
      What seems to work, is to NOT have the DCart 10 tune library point to the DC Forensics folder. They do not play well together !!!

In addition, I was using many computer resources at the same time. For example, I had a virus scan underway, large file copy, and the internet running. This problem could be related to Microsoft system resources interaction with its NET software.

Marc
      Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 02-04-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Marc,

I do not know what happens when DCart10 and DForensics10 share the same DCTune library file as I have never tried that. I have duplicated that library on both programs in their own folders/directories and that works fine on my system. I take it that de-coupling those two programs from the same DCTune directory fixes the problem. Please advise.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Yes, the de-coupling seems to fix things on my system.

I'm sure that the problem is caused by the Microsoft operating system as I have gone many days at times sharing the tune library between programs. When my system is real busy, the problem seems to occur.

I can't really call this a "bug". I would say that it is a "caution " for the user to have a specific location for all the DCart 10 documents and to not share them with other programs.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Building the database separately for each software program does not take too much extra HD space. It is a very compact set of data.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X