DC10 unable to extract audio from video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC10 unable to extract audio from video

I'm evaluating DC10 (currently have DC6 from way back). DC10 is running as a demo installation on the same machine as DC6 - a Win7x64. DC6 extracts audio successfully from various files but using the same files DC10 always fails with "Error creating the audio decoder filter" and a subsequent message that the file could not be written. The user interface appears the same for the two versions so I would think the underlying code should be the same or similar. If anything, I would have expected 6 to fail and 10 to be OK. Any thoughts on the situation?

We will have to look into it as I am not sure.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Again - - - what is your operating system?

Craig

Comment

Can you tell me what kind of video files you are working with?
        Rick

Comment

I just noticed that you are using Win7, which is fine for DCart10.

Comment

I've used avi, mpg and mpeg files for testing. The OS is Win7SP1 x64 (Ultimate) and is current in updates (including .NET) through the end of 2017. I've found that DC10 appears to throw an error on mpeg files based solely on the extension. Rename mpeg to mpg and it opens normally and plays normally. Playing the files in DC10 works normally for both audio and video. It is only the extraction of audio that always fails with the "Error creating the audio decoder filter" message.

Comment

Ok - good hint - - - we will have to look at that.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X