DCart 10 Observations/Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCart 10 Observations/Bugs

I am a long time user and have just started the migration to version 10. I am still adapting to the changed menu locations of a number of items and I was curious to see whether a couple of bugs in v8 carried across to v10. There are also some possibly related curious things unique to v10.
    My system details are:
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB
    DCart 10.06 and DCart 8.51
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (I flirted briefly with Win 10)
    Direct X 11
    Observations etc:
    I always work in Classic mode with source and destination files. When I am happy with the destination file, it becomes the new source.
    As I work I append abbreviations of the filter names just applied to the file name so that I can easily see what I have done to a file and can back track to any previous point. In DC8 there comes a point where the file name/path reaches a length which crashes the program. I just shorten the file name and carry on from where I left off. I have not encountered this effect in DC10 yet but I have not had any long file names yet. Is there a known filename length limit?
    The Change Speed Filter in both 8 and 10 versions has a SET button whose function is not explained in the manual. In both versions I use the Set button to align the graphical display with the numbers entered in the Starting Pitch and Ending Pitch boxes. With positive numbers there is no problem but with negative numbers the Set button causes the numbers to change unpredictably. I usually just correct the numbers in the boxes and carry on.
    What is the function of the Set button?
    In version 10 only, the bottom of the Destination Pane is obscured by the Status Bar. The horizontal slider and the Start and Stop times in the Destination Pane are hidden. I have tried removing Tool Bars to create more space but the panes resize themselves so that this effect remains. Altering the screen resolution did not resolve the problem either.
    Am I missing something here or is this a job for the programmers?
    In DC 8, if a file playing in the Source Pane was closed, playback continued and could not be terminated by the Stop Button. It was necessary to reload the file to stop it from playing. This behaviour appears to have been corrected in DC10.
    In DC10, if I turn off Tabbed Windows, opening files results in them opening in a reduced window, again with the bottom of the Destination Pane obscured. Although the display can be clicked to 'full screen' it still opens reduced next time. There does not seem to be a way to toggle this behaviour. Again, am I missing something here or is this a job for the programmers?
    VST/DX effects in DC 10. I used Acon Effect Chainer in DC 8, when I (rarely) needed to use a VST effect, through the DirectX filter option. It also can be used in DC 10 to run Direct X effects through the VST option for those who need to use them. I have not tested it exhaustively but initial tests were successful although it is a little cumbersome.

I hope that this information is helpful.
    Best regards.

Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-24-2019, 12:44 PM.

Hi,

I do not know the file length limit.

The set button is intended to normalize a file to a new file length in terms of time.

I do not see the obscuring of the destination file; perhaps it depends on your display setting(s).

You do not need a VST Chainer; you can chain them directly in the Multifilter (up to six)

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-24-2019, 12:42 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I learned of the file length limit which is 260 characters.

Craig

Comment

Here is something regarding the obscuring of the task panes. I am not seeing that on this machine. This system is Win10, and I suspect that your display settings may be the issue. Here are my settings for the Display:

Size of Text, Apps & Other Items: 100%

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Give those settings a try and see if that fixes the issue you described above.

Craig

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC10-800x600.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	53876 Click image for larger version

Name:	DC10 - 1360x768.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	53877 Click image for larger version

Name:	DC10- 1280x800.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	53878 Click image for larger version

Name:	DC10-1440x900.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	53879

Hi Craig,
          Thanks for the quick response. The purpose of this VST chainer is to allow the use of DX effects in DC10 which are otherwise no longer supported.
          I have tried all available screen resolutions with the same result. I have attached several jpegs so that you can see what I am referring to. Not sure that I have uploaded correctly though.
          Regards,
          Rob.

Comment

Hi Craig,
            Thanks for the quick response. The purpose of this VST chainer is to allow the use of DX effects in DC10 which are otherwise no longer supported.
            I have tried all available screen resolutions with the same result. I have attached several jpegs so that you can see what I am referring to. Not sure that I have uploaded correctly though.
            Regards,
            Rob.

Comment

Hi Craig again,
              The resolutions in the jpegs were in the file names but I'm not sure that you will see them. They were: 1440x900, 1280x800, 800x600 and 1366x768 in no particular order.
              Rob.

Comment

The display issues is definitely a bug. It is caused by having the path names visible in the source and destination windows. The only workaround is to turn them off until we get this fixed.
                Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick/Craig,
                  That is easy enough. Just in case it might help, this issue does not arise in DCart 8.51. DC8 displays properly even with the path names visible. Perhaps there have been some changes to the code in this area.
                  Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X