Declipper always affects both L & R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declipper always affects both L & R

If one channel is selected (L or R), declipper affects both channels. This works this way also in previous DC versions. The work around is to reduce the gain of the channel not desired to be declipped and after declipping, increase the gain by the same amount on the non-clipped channel. The help info for Channel Toolbar states "The Channel Selector applies to all Filters, Effects and Editing functions accept (should be except) for tools that change the overall length of the file.

Are you using MME or WDM drivers (under the preferences menu/soundcard)?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

We have confirmed this. It is a bug and we shall put it on the ToDo list.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

An alternative work-around for this bug is to use the "File Split and Re-Combine" feature found under the Edit menu. You can create two mono files from your stereo file, operate on (process) them independently and then re-combine them into one stereo file after your operations are complete.

Craig

Comment

Ultimately, we will fix this in a bug fix free update. But, we only provide updates after we accumulate about a half dozen bugs due to the effort it takes to perform a release. So, that is the bad news. The good news is that there are very few bugs on the DCArt10 ToDo list, so it may be a while before the update.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X