Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen during Recording

Somewhat of a very basic question.

When you are recording music, does the DCart10 software provide a software option to hear the recording or does the user just use an option on the soundcard software ?

On my system, I check a box on the soundcard software to listen to the line in signal if I want to. I did not know if the DCart10 software provided this same feature somewhere in the many options.

Marc

The DCForensics10 version has a set of related functions. It's multifilter has the ability during Live Preview to Log Input and/or Log Output to disc. Coupled that with the Flashback mode (used by various government organizations and the US Military for real time surveillance operations) you can rewind on the fly and hear what happened back in time depending on how long back you want to hear while the recording process proceed uninterrupted. A better word for it may have been Instant Replay.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Is there any features on DCart10 that would work too ?

Marc

Comment

As I recall, you can click on the speaker icon in the Multifilter (right side of filter line) and some sliders come up. I think you can vary one of those controls which varies the output without effecting the recording level, but I am going on memory right now. Give that a try.

Craig

Comment

I just took a look at the DCart10 version vs the DCForensics version. It does appear that only the DCForensics version has the capability of presenting the recorded signal (via the multifilter and the log functions). The log functions along with Live Preview become the record buttons and the speaker icon allow you to adjust the listen level. The main VU meters on the right side of the program show the recorded signal level.

Craig

Comment

Probably, if you launch a second instance of DCart10, you can use it as a monitor.

Craig

Comment

We may add a checkbox in the recorder dialog box in a future update of the DCart10 software that might be called "Record Monitor".

Craig

Comment

For now, the recording process can usually be monitored through the sound card software or via an amplifier in the recording signal pathway. A common method is the use of an audio system with several inputs. One input can be connected to the device being recorded (and also monitored) which is also connected to the sound card input. That same amplifier usually has another input that can be used for playback (connected to the sound card output). One of my systems uses the receiver recording output as an input to the soundcard and uses a line level input (aux in) as the playback monitor. It has one switch that allows switching between the recording signal and the playback signal.

Comment

Working...
                X