Latest Win10 Update seems to damage audio software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Win10 Update seems to damage audio software

The latest Win10 update (last week or so) seems to damage audio software. We have been hearing about it regarding DCart10 and DCArt8.5. We do not know why, but it seems to be true.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

This was noted during the last week of May, 2018.

Craig

Comment

Here is something that Rick found pertaining to a fix for recording issues subsequent to the latest Win10 update:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/01/al...-may-run-into/

Craig

Comment

OK, that's a lot of info to go through. Where is the "fix" info?

Comment

Hi,

The fix is here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/01/al...-may-run-into/

The recording issue is fixed via something near the top under the Microphone topic.

Craig
          Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-09-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

BTW - the only issue that we have been able to reproduce here at the company is the recording issue after the Microsoft Win10 update.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-09-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I guess it depends on the machine; I've been running Windows 10 since before it came out officially on at least one of my desktop computers (one is a homebuilt machine; the other an HP). Recording and playback have been unaffected through several major updates now.
              John

Comment

It would seem so. We have had customers experiencing the issue, and one of our company machines showed the problem. Lately, we have not heard much about it, so we are thinking that Microsoft may have addressed the problem in a subsequent update.

Craig

Comment

It's been 4 months since we have last heard of this problem. It does seem that Microsoft has fixed the issue. Today's posting date is 12-31-2018.

Craig
                  Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-31-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X