Does DCart10 work with ASIO devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DCart10 work with ASIO devices?

I recently wanted to try a variation of the flat preamp methodology where I sent the non-amplified output into my USB audio interface, but unfortunately I ran into an issue.

I had both the interface itself and DCart10 to record at 24/48 (the drivers won't let it go above that), but I got an error message "DirectSound Error: The specified wave format is not supported."

The interface is an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, which Avid has apparently dumped support for. I intend to replace it with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 because I've read good things about them, but this gives me pause.

I know this method of capture has worked before, so I'm at a loss to figure out why it doesn't work anymore. I don't want to get the new interface and find I can't capture with that either. Capturing from the PC's line in and/or mic input straight from the turntable has all kinds of hum issues I can't seem to resolve.

Hi,

Diamond Cut Software supports MME and WDM (Direct X) drivers. The WDM drivers will work up to 192 kHz Sample rates at up to 24 bits depth. The MME drivers are more limited (I believe 48 kHz sample rates). You can not connect a turntable directly to a line input of a computer and expect proper results since the gain is insufficient to handle the low output signal of magnetic phono cartridges. You need a pre amplifier in between the turntable and the line input. Further, using a mic input provide the wrong terminating resistance for the phono cartridge. Consider obtaining a phono preamplifier.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X