Playback Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback Problem

Windows 10, DC10.08: All of a sudden I can only playback 4 seconds of a file in both the upper and lower areas. This occurs in any area of the file I select. The same thing happens when I apply a filter preview. However, the filter will create a new version of the file. I've looked at the preferences, but found no help there. Rebooting did not help. This problem came out of the blue. I must have reset something in error.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-11-2019, 08:31 PM.

How long had the software been working ok? Have you tried an uninstall and then re-install? Sounds like something became corrupted.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

That feature worked fine last several months. I'll uninstall & re-install.

Comment

Ok - it does sound like a file became corrupted somewhere in the software program. How old is your hard drive? Corrupted files seem to occur after around 3 to 5 years of a hard drives life, in my experience.

Craig

Comment

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. Computer and hard drive are two years old.
          Last edited by bobr; 08-14-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

If it's any help, the play button is still lit when it stops after about 4.6 seconds.

Comment

What else was changed on your system recently? Any other programs or updates?

Craig

Comment

Is it possible that you are running in Demo mode?

Craig

Comment

I installed Total Recorder on 7/6 and placed a dummy plug in line-in on 8/1 to see if I could use DC10 to record. How can I detect whether it's in Demo mode?

Comment

I do not know what "Total Recorder" is. Did the issue occur after the installation of "Total Recorder"? What is the purpose of a dummy plug on the line-in? What happens if you unplug it? To see your program statistics and status, go to the Help menu and click on About Diamond Cut Audio Restoration Tools. It will present various data and program status.

Craig

Comment

Total Recorder is software that can record audio from any source. The incident occurred yesterday, but it was working after Total Recorder was installed. I have used Total Recorder and DC on the same computers for about 15 years. I read somewhere in the Forum that a plug in the line-in might help me record. It did change the record action from an error message to an empty recording. I recorded about 3 minutes and there was no sound in the output file. I have removed the dummy plug, but there is no change in the play problem. When I play, the play button light stays on. I have to hit stop to turn it out. The Help function. About DC just shows the serial number and registration code.

Comment

I have heard that Microsoft is doing everything in their power to block recording directly into computers. I think that it involves Digital Rights Management (copyright law) and the violation of the rights of musicians and their material. I wonder if something like that is going on. Keep in mind that Win10 is a moving platform and changes routinely with their updates. So, it is possible that they do not like Total Recorder and have block your machines soundcard from playing anything. Try un-installing Total Recorder and see what happens.

Craig

Comment

Alternatively, set restore your machine back a few months and see what happens.

Craig

Comment

I tried a longer file and it played for 9.5 seconds instead of 4.6. The shorter stereo file is 3:04 and the longer mono is 1:38:41. In file properties the shorter length is 00.23.103, and the longer length is 12.20.133.
                            I don't know what the length numbers represent?

Comment

That means hours:minutes:seconds. Are your soundcard preferences for Diamond Cut set correctly? They are Edit/preferences/soundcard/input device and output device. Also, usually WDM drivers are preferred.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X