Installer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installer Problems

Now I seem to have bigger problems. DC10.06 was working, though it would occasionally crash when loading a flac file. 10.08 is the latest shown in the downloads section, so I downloaded that and installed to update. Now the entire installation is wrecked and I have to uninstall. 10.08 installer crashes with the message: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2349." Will try removing and reinstalling but at this point is looks like I've lost my copy of DC10. Note: I did try re-downloading. Did not help.

Update: it finally did install, but touch & go. Had to actually be logged in as admin (not just run as admin from my normal limited-user account), but then running it in the admin account would not accept the registration code. Logging out there and back in to my normal account, this time, it did finish configuring and my old registration code was there. Phew! Anyway, I'd like to see what the changes are between 10.0x and 10.5. The "New Features" list at the Products page seems to be for 10.x vs. older (8, etc.) versions - most of those are already in 10.08. So what's the difference vs. 10.0?

PS, if it matters regarding installation issues, I'm on Windows 10 1809 (latest feature release). Desktop with Core2 Extreme CPU, 8GB RAM, motherboard audio.
    Last edited by mikeebb; 12-15-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

The difference is the addition of Green Zones (look in the help file about that) and improvements in the performance of several of the algorithms, not to mention some bug fixes. Also, look at the VPP which now has the capability to decode vertical cut mono recordings (such as some transcriptions, Edison and Pathe' recordings, etc). You can test out that feature since we included a vertical cut test file.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X