I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back!

Hi Everyone - I'm back after a year or so hiatus. House is now finished, and getting things set up for transfers. About a month ago I got two 78s - one by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band - "Mournin' Blues" and "Clarinet Marmalade Blues," and one by the Allen Brothers- "Salty Dog Blues" and "Bow Wow Blues." The Allen Brothers is 1927I believe, not sure about the Original Dixieland Jazz Band. I know they were originally a "jass" band, so this is a bit later, but looks like late 20s. Both are Victor, double-sided.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-26-2019, 01:58 PM.
    Dan McDonald

Hi Dan - - - welcome back. I am familiar with a tune called Salty Dog which is on our free Hootenany '65 download. You can get a free copy of it from this link:
    https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/product/hootenanny/

L
    ooking forward to learning how your restorations go. Should be fun to do.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Welcome back Dan.

The Original Dixieland Jazz Band was a group of "white" musicians who picked up the Dixieland sound from New Orleans and brought it up North. They were very successful and Victor was almost forced to start recording the new style. I believe the music was around 1923...
      The Louisiana Five was another early group for the new Jazz sound.

Marc

Comment

Thanks guys -
        ​I'm looking forward to these. I'm pretty rusty so it will be a challenge to get up to speed. Will post an excerpt later on if people are interested.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

Would love to hear how they turn out!

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Welcome back

Comment

Welcome back, Dan.
              John

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm working on setting up the transfer station this week.
                Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
                X