Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Burner Problem

Group,

When I try to make a CD from a playlist (10.5), the software does not know that I have a blank CD in the drive. This is from the CD prep pull down.

Same sequence of steps works in the Forensics (10.5) version.

If I create a CD from the Playlist pulldown instead of the CD prep Pull Down, it does work O.K.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 12-26-2018, 07:54 PM.

Hi,

If you re-boot the computer, does that clear the problem?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Again,

I was chatting with Rick and he mentioned that he has seen this. He resolved it on his Win10 system by shutting down iTunes. It seemed to Rick that iTunes grabs hold of the optical drive and does not let go of it when another audio program is attempting to control it. Rick also thinks that there may be other online music programs that do the same thing to the optical drive.

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-27-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

A Re-Boot has no effect. I'm running Windows 7 and do not have any online music programs running.

The problem occurs when I load a blank CD into the drive and Windows asks what do you want to do. I say to take no action and the DCart10.5 program does NOT realize that a CD is in the drive to be then written. The Dcart10.5 program will not create the CD because it says that there is no CD in the drive (there really is).

Marc

Comment

Hmmm - does the optical drive work with the DCForensics10.5 program? Also, are you using Disc at Once or Track at Once (or does it not matter)? I wonder if the driver for the optical drive is ok, Testing it with Forensics10.5 will help verify that.

Craig

Comment

The Forensics program works O.K.

When I use the DCart10.5 program and bring up the Tunes Library and THEN create a CD from a playlist "command" the software works O.K.

The problem only occurs from the CD prep tab in Dcart10.5 where the software does not recognize the fact that a blank CD is in the drive.

Marc

Comment

Ok - that information may be helpful in diagnosing the bug.

Craig

Comment

I wonder if one of the two Diamond Cut programs on your machine is taking control of the burner and not releasing it for use by the other Diamond Cut program. Just a thought.

Craig

Comment

Here's something interesting (but confounding). The routine for the optical burner is the same in DCForensics10.5 and DCArt10.5. Makes me wonder if there is some interaction between them.

Craig

Comment

We are trying to reproduce it here, but there is one issue. Our machines at this point in time are Win10 based. Stay tuned.

Craig

Comment

Group,

I was able to fix this problem by using the "repair" function in the control panel option under a specific installed program. I have no idea why a file was corrupted, but the repair option did fix this problem.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Thanks for the feedback. Now and then, I do come across user problems that are seemingly a corrupted file somewhere in the system, and it can manifest itself in many ways, not just the CD burner. Had a customer the other day that could not get the copy function to work. I asked him to uninstall the program and re-install it and that fixed the problem. I guess all it takes is a single bit to flip and something will become irrational.

Craig
                        Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-04-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X