Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzzzzzz timecode messes up Cursor position span

Hi,

When I bring in files from zzzzz, the time code is converted to hours. When I highlight a segment, the span in the Cursor position window is wrong. Is there a way to reset timecode to avoid this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-23-2019, 04:48 PM.

Let's start with a rule on this forum. Thou shalt not mention competitors on the Diamond Cut Productions, Inc. Forum, and that is what this is. It is a legal matter for both companies. Second, why assume that company zzzzzzz is doing it correctly? Maybe they are doing things differently - - - why not?. We are not experts in zzzzzzzzz. There are several features that may be of help in the Diamond Cut Productions software program.

1. View Menu has 'Set Start Time of File"
    2. View Menu has "Rebuild Peak File"
    3. Edit Preferences/Display has various choices for the x and y axis' units, etc.

Craig

ps - ask zzzzzzzz what THEY are doing wrong, ok?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Craig,

In the brier patch again... I'm an occasional restorer and bring my questions to this forum knowing they are laughably lame. For the same reason, in this case, they also ran afoul of your forum's rules. Sorry.

Regardless, my appreciation of DCart is self-evident, reflected by my continued use of it over the years.

If my question sounded (to you or others on the forum) like a criticism of DCart or any restoration software, it is not. I don't have sufficient knowledge of any platform to be critical. My guess is that the other platform adds hours to the timecode to distinguish restore versions (using the convention of film sound mixers) and that creates cross-platform issues. It's not anyone's fault. Regardless, now that - thanks to you - I know that it takes two clicks to resolve it, I'm good. The world's problems should be so easily solved.

Comment

Hi,

Glad the issue is resolved.

Craig

"Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X