Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Y Display Problem ?

Group,

Maybe this is normal....When using the XY Display, the resultant angle is only displayed when I "click" on the average angle box. I do not get constant updates in either short or long averaging.
    Is this normal ? Seems that previous versions gave updates continuously.

Marc

The average angle is only displayed when the average angle box is checked (and creates a red vector line, sometimes amidst the green vector constellation). Thus far, I can not re-create this situation..
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Are other users seeing this behavior? Please provide details so we can try to track it down.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

Update: On my WIndows 10 Pro OEM version, the error occurs. On my Windows 10 Home version, the error does not occur.

*Note: See Post #8*

Marc
        Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 01-18-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Not sure what that means - - - I shall refer it to Rick and maybe he has an idea about it. I do not know how the OEM version differs from the Home Version - - - maybe it is not updated as often?

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Same with latest Forensics code. No cursor display when XY window opened and no average angle shown in box.

Marc

Comment

Obviously, something is different between the OEM and the Home version of the Win10 operating system. We also have lots of people running Win10 pro without issue. We just do not know what is different about the OEM version. We do have a large universe of non-OEM systems operating out there with no other reports of this issue so far.

Craig
              Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-09-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

By the way, the version with Windows 10 Home today has a "jerky" cursor while playing a song with the XY displayed. It's not related to which version of windows is used.

O.K. then, I'll work on it as it appears to be a systems resource problem.

Marc
                Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 01-18-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

A jerky cursor could be relatred to a non-initialized soundcard/chipset. Try checking the soundcard preference "reinialize on play". Also, add another buffer (so if it defaulted to 3, change it to 4 or so).

Comment

I've been searching the internet to see if there are differences in performance between the OEM and the discretely purchased version of Win10 and can not see anything that should cause any issues per the above discussion. Here is one place that I read over: https://fossbytes.com/what-is-oem-wi...etail-windows/

The only thing that I gleaned from the research are potential licensing or legal issues with OEM version purchase on the open market, but I do not understand what the issues are.
                    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-18-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Final Conclusion on this thread- - - running DCArt10.5 or DCArt10.6 on Win10 on a 10 year old or so AMD based computer does not work well. We do not recommend that combination. Modern PC computers (less than 3 or 4 years old) running Win 10 and DCArt10.6 do not display the issues mentioned on this thread. If this is not your experience, please note it here or contact us via our support line at 973-316-9111 or via the internet at support@diamondcut.com
                      Thanks,

Craig
                      Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-25-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X