DCart 10.6.2.1 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCart 10.6.2.1 Update

I notice that DCart 10.6.2.1 is the latest version, I have 10.6.0.0,is there a link somewhere for the update
    I can't seem to find one.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still stays at 10.6.0.0.
    Thanks
    David
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-21-2020, 09:13 AM.

There will be a release of DCArt10.6.2.1 this week. It just needs to be formalized, so keep an eye on the site for the update link. You will need to uninstall the previous version when it is available, but your serial number and registration shall be preserved on your computer.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I just got the message that 10.62 was available, but I don't see the free upgrade from 10.60 to 10.62. I followed the link on the e-mail, but it didn't work

Comment

Hi Craig,
        I am on DC10.6.0 but when I try to install the update to 10.6.2 windows installer is telling me I already have a newer version installed.
        Do I need to manually uninstall DC.6.0 prior to running the 10.6.2 setup? Also will my custom presets be preserved? I have backed them up elsewhere just in case.
        Last edited by saopaulo404; 05-03-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

P.S. Thanks!
          Last edited by saopaulo404; 05-03-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Hi,

The link for the update to DCArt10.6.2 can be found here:

https://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/DC1062Setup.msi

Many of the presets have been updated in that version. An uninstall is required. If you have custom presets that you wish to preserve, keep them in a directory of your choice and (after installation) move the private ones into the proper presets folder.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-03-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks - I un-installed and then installed and all is great. I did learn something in that it seems that an un-install is not a total whip-out, as the install took only about a minute.

Comment

That could largely depend on the speed of your computer and network.

Craig

Comment

The new DCart10.6.2 seems to work well.

Marc

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - - - that's good to know.

Craig

Comment

I have the "can't install because there's a newer version already" error trying to upgrade from 10.08 to 10.62, just purchased. I'm going to guess that I need to manually uninstall 10.08 first? Then install 10.62 "fresh" with the new serial number? Perhaps it's looking at the file name (...108 for the old one, ...1062 for the new one)?

Edit: yes, manually uninstalling 10.08 and fresh-installing 10.62 with the new s/n worked. Now I'm just waiting for the reg code. It can't be something like the "why is there no Windows 9?" issue, could it? Comparing "108" t0 "106" as num(text) and deciding that the old one has the higher number?
                      Last edited by mikeebb; 05-03-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X