DirectSound Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectSound Error

I need some help. I have upgraded to DC10 and I just received a DirectSound error every time that I try to record. I am running Win 10. All of my settings have been checked. I can play audio on my computer just fine. I have un/reinstalled the software. I checked my audio drivers, enabled/re-enabled the card. Uninstalled the recent Win 10 update. What else am I missing here? What other issues could I have and what should I check?

Thanks
    Erik

Do any of the demo files that came with the software play? They are found under the file menu.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Yes, I can play files. I just can't record.

Comment

Erik,

What sound card or A to D,D to A converters are you using ?

Marc

Comment

If you are trying to record with 32 bits, that is not supported (192 dB of Dynamic Range). Use 24 bits which is 144 dB of dynamic range; should be fine since most persons can not doscerm more than around 12 to 14 bits of resolution.

Craig

Comment

Marc - I'm using Realtek High Def Audio
            Craig - I record at 16bit, 44.1 khz and 48000 sample rate. BTW - I've been using DC Art products for nearly 20 years. I'm thinking it may be a different issue than the program itself but I'm trying to figure out whats wrong.

Comment

Ok - this machine (my audio machine) also uses the Realtek High Def Audio chip-set and I use it at 16 bit and either 48 kHz or 96 kHz sampling rates. Both work fine here and I am using DCArt10.62. Are your sound-card preferences set for WDM drivers? (they are found under the Edit/Preferences/Soundcard pathway within the software program).

Craig

Comment

Erik,

I know that you have many years of experience, but check the easy things. Device manager for sound has the recording enabled, option to let external programs control the settings, DCart10 set to use the primary sound drivers, etc.

I have missed the obvious many times...

Marc

Comment

Also worth noting is that some laptops do not allow for recording via the audio jack, only via the microphone in the lid of the machine.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X