Diamondcut 10.6.2 crashes during manual click edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondcut 10.6.2 crashes during manual click edit

I'm trying to manually fix some clicks in my recording by the interpolation method. (zoom in, zero in on click, highlight click and press the < i > key). This works fine for a while but eventually after a number of fixes, (not always the same number), the program crashes, sometimes back to the desktop but sometimes rebooting the computer. I'm using Windows 10 1909 64 bit and the latest Diamond Cut version. Computer is completely stable otherwise.

Question 1. Has anybody else had this problem and found a fix?
    Question 2. When the program crashes, is there a "temp" wav file stored somewhere which has saved all the edits up until the crash that I can continue with or do I have to start over again?

Thanks
    Gord
    Last edited by Gord Staples; 07-07-2020, 01:08 PM.

I have never seen this. Are you using Fast Edit mode or Classic Edit mode? What is your sample rate and resolution? I wonder if your RAM is acting up or something along those lines.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-07-2020, 01:43 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Btw - if you are using Fast Edit mode, the .ses file should have all of your editing history.

Craig

Comment

While I do not know what sample rate and resolution you are using, what happens if you convert to 44.1 kHz and 16 bits in terms of the i key interpolator?

Craig

Comment

I am using classic edit mode. My file is 48Khz 16 bit. I did a stress test on my pc to check all the hardware (cpu, memory, etc) and computer is completely stable. My system is Windows 10 64 bit v1909, MSI Z270 motherboard, i7-7700 cpu, 16 gig ram, Samsung SSD 860 EVO hard drive.
          Is there a way, possibly a feature to have the computer auto save 'temp' files during the process of editing so if it does crash, at least there is a fairly up to date wav file and I don't lose all the edits that have been made up to this point?

Gord

Comment

I suppose such a feature could be implemented. But, it sounds like you are using fast edit mode if it involved a .ses file since classic edit mode uses a source and destination set of files. Maybe read up on the difference between the two modes of operation. But everything else aside, it would be best to discover the root cause of the problem. If you put the software on a second computer, does it still behave in this manner? Your license permits one user on up to two computers, so give that a try - - - it will help in the diagnostic process.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X