HDD vs SSD Noise Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD vs SSD Noise Difference

I am looking at a new PC with SSD because it does not generate any noise (no moving parts). I'm not sure how much of the noise from an HDD actually is picked up by DC10 during processing. Has anyone gone from an HDD to an SSD and seen any difference in noise being picked up during restoration? Thank you.

I have gone from a HDD (hard disc drive) to an SSD (for my C drive). I only note a great reduction in acoustical noise coming from the computer and a much faster operation of the computer overall. I note no difference in audio signal processing noise introduced from the motherboard. I suppose elevated noise could happen, depending on the design of the mother board and the soundcard/chipset. But, all of those SSD signals are happening way above the audio spectrum (in the RF portion of the electromagnetic spectrum).

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

My system has a SSD for the system C drive and a magnetic drive for the D drive. Computer fans and ambient noise make far more noise than a moving magnetic head in a disc drive.

The SSD helps for system speed and the magnetic drive works great for large and low cost storage.

Marc

Comment

Marc's combination sounds like a good trade-off between storage cost and system performance. My machine only has one drive which is an SSD type. I do use an external magnetic type HDD for storage backup via a USB port.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X