Thank you DC for the fine software.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you DC for the fine software.

This was a sad day for me. I sold about 100 vinyl lp's and donated another 200 or so. After years of using the DC products from DC6 through DC10 I have never been dissatisfied.

Recently I lost years of restorations due to a hard drive crash. Most of the loses were a big part of what was sold or donated today. I do still have the hard drive and will take it to Geek Squad and see if any of it can be recovered. Not sure if any will be able to be saved or not. But I hope so.

I do not have time nor desire to try to repeat the success of the past. But I do have hope. My only advice I can share is Make backups of everything in different places and keep them labeled. I know I had backups but they were lost to time. Thank you all for your help over the years and don't let this product die.

I wish you all happy times restoring audio. I enjoyed it for sure.

Sorry to learn of the loss of your files. There is a very good chance that they can be recovered. I keep three copies of everything. The first copy is on my primary computer hard drive (obviously). The second copy is kept on a small USB 2Tbyte hard drive. The third one is kept on another 2 Tybite Drive that I keep off site (at another location). If you have to re-restore some files, the DCArt10.8 version is faster than all previous versions. Let us know how you make out with the recovery process.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Rick,

How did you make out with the data recovery effort?

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X