Norton blocked the install of a DCArt10.8x. This a first time occurrence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton blocked the install of a DCArt10.8x. This a first time occurrence

A new customer purchased a new laptop with Win11 and Norton anti-virus. The Norton program blocked the installation of the DCArt10.8x. The latest DCArt10.8x has been in the field for about a year now, so it was a mystery since we had never seen or heard of this before. Ultimately, it installed after providing these suggestions to our customer:

1 - Make sure the customer has downloaded the software directly from our website.

2 - He may have to tell Norton to explicitly allow our program to run. It it’s not something we can do remotely.

3 - Run the installer as the Administrator.

One of those actions fixed it and all is well now.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-04-2022, 04:39 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

A quick "google search" showed how the Norton software can be adjusted by the customer to allow the Diamond Cut Software to be installed.

Suggest the customer read the owner's manual as it's discussed.

Marc

Comment

Ok - does the suggestion specifically mention Diamond Cut Productions, Software? I am curious because this is the first time that this has come up since during the existence of version 10.8x.. The product has been stable since it's introduction in October 2021. It would seem to be an unusual situation since a lot of people use Norton (I think).
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-08-2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that information, Marc. It may be useful to someone else.

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X