Timer Record Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timer Record Not Working

It's been awhile (as in maybe several versions back) that I've used the "Timer Record" feature. I'm currently running DCArt 10.80. I tried to use it this evening. I set the file name, set the start and stop times (starting a couple of minutes in the future), and then clicked on "Set Timer". The dialog box says to close it for the feature to work, so I did.

I tried several times and the "recording" dialog box never came up. i can record manually just fine; but timer recording does not seem to be working for me.
    John

This is the first report on this. We will have to check it out. What is your operating system and has anyone else observed this issue?

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-09-2022, 06:42 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Does un-installing and re-installing the program from our website fix it?

Craig

Comment

Hi, Craig - I'm running it on Windows 10. Everything else seems to work. I'll try the install/re-install (after the tape I'm currently recording finishes). I'll report back.
        John

Comment

Here is something worth knowing - - - Diamond Cut Productions supports BWF (Broadcast Wave Format (under the file menu). You may find this useful for your work having extensive metadata in the file name. To learn about it, goto the help menu and search on that topic - there are several items covering different aspects of this format. Here is a piece of one of those paragraphs:

-----------------

File Properties

The File Properties feature shows you information concerning the file that is opened in your Diamond Cut software. The Figure below shows an example of the sort of file header data presented and/or editable.

The File Properties / File Information Dialog Box
          Noteworthy is the fact that this information is also available under the View Menu. However, it can only be edited here via File Properties as found under the Edit Menu. If you want to Edit the .wav header, click on the “Wave Header Details” button and a screen similar to this one will appear:

The Wave Header Editor Dialog Box

From this dialog box, you can edit/change some of the parameters associated with the opened .wav file. In general, it is not desirable to do so unless you are thoroughly familiar with .wav file structures and desire to accomplish some very specific task that could not otherwise be accomplished. After you have changed the desired parameters, click on “Write Wave Header” and the changes will take effect. You can use this feature to repair corrupted .wav file headers.

Your Diamond Cut Software also supports the Broadcast Wave (BWF) .wav file format. BWF facilitates metafiles in conjunction with .wav files. More information on BWF can be found in the Glossary of Terms section of this users guide. You can use the “Save As” command found in the File Menu to create this sort of a file. If you want to View or Edit a BWF, click on the “Broadcast Wave Details” button and the following Dialog box will appear:

The Wave Header Editor Dialog Box

As you can see, there are a number of data that you can add to the .wav file header not associated with normal .wav files. After you edit your BWF, click on “Update File” and the file header will be modified.

Related Topics
          The Edit Menu

Copyright (c) 1996-2021 Diamond Cut Productions, Inc.

Comment

Quick question...will uninstalling (in order to re-install) remove my personal saved filter presets?
            John

Comment

I don't think so, but I think that I would put all my presets on a thumb drive just in case..

Craig

Comment

The presets are locate here:

Start / Documents / Diamond Cut Audio / DCArt10 / Presets

Craig

Comment

Craig - Unfortunately, work has kept me from trying the suggestion, but working on it now. I zipped the presets and then uninstalled DC10.80. I went back and looked at the Presets folder and found the uninstall removed all the DC provided presets, but left the ones I had created. So, that's good news. Getting ready to re-install now and see if the timer record works. One thing I didn't do was try it on my other computer. I'll try it there, also, to see if maybe there is a computer-related issue keeping it from working.
                  John

Comment

That's good to know that only the factory presets were removed. When you re-install the software, the factory presets should also become installed.

Craig

Comment

Craig -
                      I uninstalled DC10.80, rebooted, and re-installed 10.80. After doing so, I tested Timer Record and it never engaged. I tried Timer Record in DC10.80 on my laptop computer and it did not work there either. So, I went back and installed DC8.5 on both computers and tested again. IN DC8.5, the timer record feature worked like a champ on both computers. Both machines are Windows 10 Version 21H1.
                      John

Comment

We will look into it further.

Craig

Comment

We have confirmed that some of that code has been lost. We will re-create it and then include it with the next build. So, stay tuned and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Craig

Comment

Thanks, Craig. I look forward to it. For now, version 8.5 is meeting the need for the recording part, and then switching over to version 10.80 for the cleaning up part.
                            John

Comment

We found the bug and it is fixed. However, we want to do some testing before we release it since it is possible that we could have created a new bug as a result of fixing the old bug. It should be done testing this week. Stay tuned - we will post the fixed version and announce it here.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X