Sibilants and Plosive sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibilants and Plosive sounds

Is there a way to emphasize sibilants and plosives without increasing noise apart from doing it manually?

Yes, there is. I recommend using the 4 band punch and crunch dynamics processor for that purpose. You can also experiment with the dynamics processor which can magnify (exaggerate) sibilant sounds and plosives. Both the Punch and Crunch and the dynamics processor have quite a few factory
    presets which you can use as your starting point
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-01-2023, 03:29 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The top two bands of the punch and crbunch multiband dynamics will like be the ones most effective for work in that area of the audio spectrum (sibilant sounds and plosives).

Comment

Another way to amplify siblant sounds is via the exciter found in the Virtual Valve Amplifier. Here is an excerpt from that section of the user's guide:

The virtual valve amplifier has an exciter mode which will permit you to exagerate sibilant sounds. Use it in conjunction with the hi-noise mode to gate it on or off depending on the detail control setting. You can use the operating point control to effect the harmonic distribution between odd and odd plus even harmonics injected into the signal pathway.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-30-2023, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X