Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove

I have taken several audio lectures recorded in a hall on
    cassette and digitally recorded them. I've applied the "telephone filter" (300-3k HZ) and then use continuous
    noise filter. It remarkably enhances the speakers voice and
    removes background noise. But it often leaves a burbling
    noise in the background. Anyway to remove THAT?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-30-2019, 07:43 PM.

Re: Remove \"Burble\"

I love that name - burbling. It is very descriptive. You need to be less agressive on the threshold setting of the CNF to reduce this effect. Also, consider reducing the Attenuation control. Can we use your new term ourselves in the future?? Kewl [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Re: Remove \"Burble\" after CNF

I noticed that the threshold of the continuous noise filter affected the burbling but if you back off too much you permit the noise you wish to eliminate. I'll check the attenuation setting. It reminded me of Dr. Strangelove where the SAC Commander Gen. Jack D. Ripper launched his B52's from "Burbleson" Airforce Base. Anyone is free to use the term.

Comment

Re: Remove \"Burble\" after CNF

Another option is to move the inflection points (the blue dots on the graph) in the upper frequency portion of the spectrum (above around 5 KHz) manually with the mouse until this effect is minimized. That is what I do when confronted with "burbling."
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Re: Remove \"Burble\" after CNF - Inflection Points

Thanks, I will try moving the inflection points to fine tune the minimizing the burble with the CNF filter. Funny its the high range points that make a different, I would have thought it was a low freq artifact. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X