Help with cleaning up streaming audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with cleaning up streaming audio

Hi everyone, I had a quick question, my dad gave me this software cause it was just laying their at the radio station and he figured i'd put it to use. Well I love the software, thus far. But I am having problems with a live broadcast of a concert, I recorded off the internet. My first problem is I don't know the word for it but I am sure you all do, the static, hiss, buzz sound that is all through the track. Is their a way to remove that without screwing up the actual audio. Everytime I try the continious noise filter, the first few notes of the song and some of the vocals have a metal tone to them. Is their a way to fix that, cause if there was then it would sound perfect. Another problem I have, is that sometimes during high parts of the song, Again sorry I am not sure with the correct term to use, but it might be rumble, the track has a rumble quality to it, that and some weird pops during the begging of the track that make it sound like a record. The vocals and all are super clear though, so If anyone knows a way to make this track stand out, I would really really appreciate it.

I could send someone the actual track if they want to understand better what I am trying to say. For the likes of you in here, you all could probably fix this track in a second. I find this software fascinating, now all I have to do is learn how to use it (LOL)

Any ideas.

thanks in advance
    surge
    Last edited by livewiresurge; 03-12-2005, 12:57 PM.

Did you take a proper fingerprint of the noise first, or did you rely on a preset in the CNF? Otherwise, it sounds like the threshold is set up too high. Try lowering it until that "brittle sound" diminishes. Also, try lowering the Attenuation Control until you find a nice balance between noise reduction and those artifacts that you described. One other thing that got my attention is that this only occurs on the first few notes of a song. Maybe try bringing down the Attack time paramater to a lower value. I hope that one of these suggestions helps.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-12-2005, 01:01 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X