Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test

This is a test and only a test - Denise

The board seems to be up and running now, and all users should now be seeing the latest posts.

There may be a few lost posts as we changed providers because of DNS propagation delays.

Thanks for your patience.

I still need to upload the full set of Avatars that we had on the old board.
    Rick

Comment

This is a test.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

beginner's luck?

This is also a test - it's my first day in your group and I'm enjoying reading the various posts here - some great info already gleamed. Here's my question and I'll thank anyone who can tell me where a better place to post it would be (and how to do that).

I have the demo version of DC6 downloaded and am leaning heavily toward purchasing the full version, a flat pre-amp, and better-than-stock sound card in a bundle. My primary interest is recording my growing collection of 78's - many pre-war included. I also have a decent vinyl collecvtion that is still uncopied.

I am about to purchase a Rodine Jr turntable with supplied 78 and LP stylus and the aforementioned software and hardware bundle. I have a background in video production but limited exposure to audio production and editing. The capabilities of the DC6 are just awsome - and very intimidating - very technical.

Can anyone set me on the right path with some sage advice for a person with a modest but limited budget (hence the DC6 and not a $1,200 hardware solution) for my equipment purchases?

Also - what reading materials would you suggest to get me up to speed for the basic approaches to archiving a 78 collection. I have few if any vertical-cuts - but many recordings from the acoustic age and the early days of electric recording. My musical interests are largely blues, early folk, hillbilly/old-timey and early New Orleans Jazz.

Thanks in advance - best wishes all - Brent

Comment

There is a free Application Note pertaining to archiving audio on our website located at www.diamondcut.com. (There are also other app notes available on that site.) That should be helpful.

Also, the Diamond Cut Users manual is a bit more than 400 pages long having lots of information on audio restoration.

Lastly, the search engine on this forum is quite useful. Many of the topics pertaining to 78 restoration can be found here through its use. You will have access to the collective wisdom of many by spending some time here on the forum via the search engine.

I hope that this helps.
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

thanks

Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X