Temp files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp files?

I am a brand-new user and have a couple of basic questions.

I appear to have some "temp" files building up. These files are in the "Diamond Cut Productions" File Folder, under the "Program Files" File Folder. The files look like:

dctmp1.wav, dctmp2.wav ... dctmp39.wav

Am I correct that these are "temp" files? Am I doing something, or not doing something, that is causing them to build up? Have I missed a menu option to clean out unnecessary files?

Thanks!

Those are "normal" files used by Diamond Cut while you are performing a restoration project. When you have completed that project, you can delete them.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Temp files

Originally posted by cromag
      Have I missed a menu option to clean out unnecessary files?

Thanks!
      Look under the Edit menu and click on :
      Delete All Temp Files

(I'm not sure about DCart32, but that's what is available in DC6.)
      Last edited by TimG; 02-22-2006, 01:25 PM. Reason: Incomplete knowledge of DCart32
      "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, "Delete All Temp Files" was a feature added sometime after the DCArt 32 version of the program. If so, then they would have to be eliminated manually.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Temp(ting)

Might be a good reason to upgrade to DC6.
          "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Comment

Thanks, guys.

DCart32 has an option under the Edit menu to specify where the temp files should be put, but no option to clean them out. Since these are ".wav" files I wanted to be sure.

Comment

yeah, you have to clean them out yourself. I remember that!

Dan
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
              X