I got a TEMP Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a TEMP Drive?

Well, I've been at this a week, and I'm beginning to get the hang of it. However, I'm getting some error messages that constitute a minor annoyance.

I saw a recommendation to reverse the target file make at least one "Impulse Noise" run on it. In fact, this seems to do a much better job at removing "clicks and pops" without distorting vocals or guitars, so I make multiple passes on the file in the reversed state. I also sample a blank spot between tracks and run the continuous noise filter on the reversed file.

In between each pass through a filter I "make the destination the source."

After the filter passes I try to restore the reversed file by reversing it again. At this point I get two error messages. First, I get an error box that states, "Cannot read the wave file. Check to make sure the file is not in use, etc." I click on Okay and get a second error box that says, "Cannot create the reverse file -- check the amount of available disk space on the temp drive."

The only way I've found to continue is to save the processed, reversed file, and exit the program. Then start the program back up and open the saved, reversed file as my source. Now, I can reverse the file.

I can't find any action to clean out the "temp" drive. Also, I've got more than 30 gigs of hard disk space, so I should be able to make the temp drive larger, if there's an option to do that.

Has anyone run into this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM.

Although I am not positive, it sounds like a bug in the software to me or an adverse interaction with the operating system. Keep in mind that we obsoleted that version of the program quite some time ago. Also, it was not anticipated to be able to run on current operating systems since it was written circa 1996 or 1997. I believe that the hot operating system at that time was Win 95.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-01-2006, 12:41 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks. I suppose an upgrade is eventually the way I'm going to go. Since the behavior is predictable, and I can work around it, it's not an emergency.

Are you folks ever represented at the Trenton Computer Fest?

Comment

No. What is The Trenton Computer Fest? Perhaps it is a trade show?

Comment

Yes. http://www.tcf-nj.org/

It used to be huge, but the advent of the internet has shifted a lot of their traditional business. I still go to haunt the flea market (used eqt., inkjet cartridges, etc.) but they do still have a vendors area and seminars, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Now that I have looked at it, it is familiar in that I think that my business partner (Rick) has been to one of their get-togethers. I seem to recall him saying to me that it is a good place to find bargains on computer hardware if you are inclined to build your own machine (which he does).

Comment

I think I remember that problem with the files. After you make the reversed file the source, you have to close all the other ones (the original and any others you might have open). I seem to remember that as being the solution when I had big files.
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks, Dan, I'll give it a try. Like I said, it's a minor annoyance, but I'm hearing some of these songs for the first time in 20 years, and I hate being jerked out of "the groove." (This smiley needs headphones.)

Comment

Working...
                X