Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering??

Hi,

I have been having a problem with a music file "stuttering" in places. I cannot tell if this is occuring while I am initially recording to my hard drive, or if it happens while trying to place markers. Anyone ever run into this?

I have all other programs closed while running DC-Art(I hope); no screensavers, etc.

Thanks! Warren

Re: Stuttering??

Too many possibilities to answer.

What type of PC are you running (speed, age)?

Is your hard drive defragmented?

Is it studdering when you simply play back a file without any processing going on?

If you play back a section of the file several times, do the studdering points change?

If you convert the file to mono, does it still studder on playback?

Did you ctrl-alt-del to make sure there's nothing else running in the background that you're not aware of?

I recently had a recording get botched by studdering on a machine I've used successfully many times. I narrowed the problem down to two possibilities (I don't know which did the trick because I fixed them both): a newly installed version of Real Player was clashing with other software over which would be the default player, and my fax/scanner/printer control software looking for the machine which was disconnected.

Comment

Re: Stuttering??

Hi,
      I am running 900mhz, which I updated to less than a year ago.

I defrag the hard drive at least bi-weekly.

The original file is fine before processing.
      It doesn't occur until I start previewing and marking sections of the file. Let's say that I have a file that is 60 minutes in length, and I need to place 20 markers. I end up with between 3 to 6 "stutters". It doesn't happen right at the "markered" spot, either.

I haven't been able to detect any of the stuttering points moving. That doesn't mean that they aren't, though.

Hmmm. I haven't tried "ctrl-alt-del", yet.

I uninstalled RealPlayer('cuz I don't use it). My scanner and printer are connected. I do have a Epson C80 printer, which has a "Status Monitor" shortcut. I also have "Audio Cleaning Lab", I do not care for(too many "bugs"). Would THAT possibly cause problems?

Warren

Comment

Working...
      X