Jitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jitter

I'm having a problem with jitter when I record from a NEW album. I've followed all the advice and defragmented. I've killed off all other programs that might be running in the background, etc. I've noticed this on three different new ablums, and once when I recorded from cassette tape. I've tried two different turntables (same thing) The noise/jitter is present in the wave file immediately after recording to the hard drive and prior to applying filters. I've recorded other older albums with success. setup is a Pentium MMX/266 enhanced processor. 32MB memory. 6GB drive dedicated to dcart wave files. Getting frusterated! what gives? Any input appreciated.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM.

Re: Jitter

By jitter, I am assumming that you are reffering to the short dropouts that make a song sound like it is jumping forward in time.
    As a test, try recording at a lower sample rate, or in mono. Your PC should be able to keep up with any recording rate, but this will help to isolate the problem. If this works then it still sounds like something getting in the way of the recording. Moving windows around when doing a recording will also cause problems on some systems. Make sure all hard disks are using 32bit drivers (control panel-System-Performance).
    What kind of sound card are you using?

Rick Carlson

Comment

Re: Jitter

Recording in mono did the trick. The soundcard (on the motherboard)is an ESS 1869 3D Audio chipset. The system was purchased about a year ago and is running windows 98.

[This message has been edited by EJ (edited 11-05-1999).]

Comment

Working...
      X