Limit on Sampling Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit on Sampling Rate

I recently purchased an EXP S-16 Sound Card and CD-RW station for use with my Toshiba 2655XDVD laptop running under Windows98. They included DC-Art 32 Version 3.5 Imation Edition. I have successfully transferred my first LP to CD, with one glitch. When I try to record a stereo signal at 44.1 kHz, which the sound card does support, the recording stops after one or two seconds. Adjusting the custom settings, I found that the highest sampling rate at which I could record was 34.584 kHz. I went ahead and did so and then used another piece of software to convert the file to 44.1 kHz before processing it using DC-Art32. Are there specific settings I need to adjust in the software or my system that will permit me to record directly at 44.1 kHz?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 10-17-2019, 09:29 PM.

Re: Limit on Sampling Rate

None that I know of. DCart asks the Windows sound card driver for its supported sample rates. If you can start recording, then that means that the card does support that rate. I do not know why it would stop. What speed Processor is in the laptop? Also have you turned of all other programs that could be taking up CPU time?

Rick Carlson

Comment

Working...
    X