DCART32 V4 weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCART32 V4 weirdness

I've used version 3+ of DCArt 32 for about 3 years and about a year ago I upgraded to V4. It ran, though slowly, without major problems on my old 200MHz PC. I recently replace that machine with a 2 Gig PC with 512 Megs of RAM running XP PRO. DC ART 32 v4 runs great at lightning speed. It'll load a 40 meg file in about 3 seconds. However, some of the proceses/filters simply don't work, but they don't generate errors or crash. For example, if I run gain normalize, it asks me all the usual questions, such as "do I want to save undo" etc. Then, when I click Ok, nothing happens at all and the gain doesn't change. The same seems to be happening on continuous noise. That filter used to work great, but now appears to do nothing, even though it runs as usual. Other filters such as Virtual Valve work fine. Anyone else experienced this weirdness on XP and/or have any ideas?

Re: DCART32 V4 weirdness

Obviously there hasn't been a host of replies. I found the problem...there is a checkbox under preferences which says "don't use peak files for displays". If this is checked, the volume changes won't show. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
    X