Incorrect Fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Fonts

The font for the time readouts appears to be WP BoxDrawing. None of the characters are readable, they just look like boxes. What font should this be using? I noticed from reading the upgrades that the font was improved to be more readable a few releases back. Is there something I can do to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-07-2019, 03:07 PM.

Re: Incorrect Fonts

This may possibly be due to a bug in your video card - STB cards in particular have a problem here.

If you do have an STB card, try turning down the "Hardware Acceleration" setting. It works for me.

...Mik

Comment

I do have an STB card. i will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks,

Comment

I tried all settings of hardware acceleration from None to full and none of them got any valid fonts that were readable. Any other ideas?

Comment

The other thing to do is to make sure you've got the latest STB drivers. See http://www.stb.com/drivers/

...Mik

Comment

I am using the current drivers. They were last updates Jan 97. I am running WIndows 95 with a STB Lightspeed 128 video card. Is is possibly a font problem? I had some other font problems in the past and found that I had several fonts loaded twice in the registry, one in the fonts directory and the other referencing the same file in the windows\system directory. I cleaned that up and it solve my other font problem. Is there a specific font that I should verify is loaded?

Comment

Ken,
              I am not sure what exactly is going on, but have you tried switching from large to small fonts, or visa versa? The actual font that gets used for the display is picked by Windows. DCart gives it the desired characteristics like size, weight, family, etc, and windows is supposed to come up with the closest match from its installed fonts.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rickc:
                Ken,
                I am not sure what exactly is going on, but have you tried switching from large to small fonts, or visa versa? The actual font that gets used for the display is picked by Windows. DCart gives it the desired characteristics like size, weight, family, etc, and windows is supposed to come up with the closest match from its installed fonts.
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,

I've had the same problem with DCart Millenium, when I first installed it last November. Then I installed Adobe Type Manager, and suddenly it worked fine. Now it quit again (I've installed a new CD reader as well as a CD writer). I've tried what you suggested above, but nothing seems to work. The program must assume that a certain font is loaded, but I have no idea which one. Any other suggestions?

*** werner ***

Comment

Working...
                X