DC-art32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-art32

I have been contemplating spending the $100.00 and purchasing DC-art 32 since I first saw it detailed by Kim Komando. I was ready to purchase tonight and decided to check out the User's Forum. WOW!! Glad I did...this sounds a lot more involved than anything I'll have the time and expertise to learn and use. Thanks for the honest discussion in the forum...saved me $100.00!!

Re: DC-art32

Mark or any other potential user,
    As a new user I agree that this software's complexity can be intimidating, but it needn't be because most routine recording and restoration work can be done effectively with default and suggested settings on just a couple of the filters, which is all you get on most other programs out there anyway. The other tools and controls are there to use for more involved or more demanding work if desired. In other words, it is only as compex as you want it to be for your project.
    For me, it was way more program than I had in mind when I was looking for something for my album recording, but I figure that while there may be tools I'll never use, I've already discovered things I didn't even know one could do and have been able to do a much nicer job on a few projects than I thought was possible.
    Plus, the documentation is actually useful (very)and SUPPORT is fantastic from this small company.
    Of course, you *might* find yourself spending more time with this program and less with some of your games...

Comment

The documentation is worth the price of the oftware!

Comment

MARK - Don't be intimidated by the software. I spent about an hour showing my 8 year old son how to do the basics and he is now making great CD's from reel-to-reel tapes, cassettes, and old 45's. In fact, he is now teaching me tricks. Also, the documentation is great and answers are easy to find. Go for it.! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark:
        I have been contemplating spending the $100.00 and purchasing DC-art 32 since I first saw it detailed by Kim Komando. I was ready to purchase tonight and decided to check out the User's Forum. WOW!! Glad I did...this sounds a lot more involved than anything I'll have the time and expertise to learn and use. Thanks for the honest discussion in the forum...saved me $100.00!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by OpAmpMan (edited 08-23-2002).]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark:
          I have been contemplating spending the $100.00 and purchasing DC-art 32 since I first saw it detailed by Kim Komando. I was ready to purchase tonight and decided to check out the User's Forum. WOW!! Glad I did...this sounds a lot more involved than anything I'll have the time and expertise to learn and use. Thanks for the honest discussion in the forum...saved me $100.00!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Thanks to all who responded with comments/advice...I may revisit this later and give it another look......Mark

Comment

Mark,

What do you want to do with your audio software? Perhaps if we understand that, we can give you some more specific advice about how to proceed.

Comment

Working...
            X