Problems recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems recording

Could anyone help me I have just bought DC-art32 but I am unable to record. I have not got an expensive stereo system, so i have to use the headphone from the stereo to the input on the computer at first this was working ok but for some reason it has packed in. So I hope that some one out there can help me. I am also new to computers so any help would be appreciated. Thank you David C
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-02-2019, 06:29 PM.

Re: Problems recording

The headphone output signal usually comes from the power amplifier of a stereo with a resistor wired in series with same. So, it forms a voltage divider with the headphones. Since the headphones are relative low impedance, the voltage actually applied to the headphones is very low. But a sound card input is high impedance so it is theoretically possible to do damage to a sound card using this output if the stereo output level is turned up too high. So, be very careful here!

[ 01-13-2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Craig Maier ]
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-02-2019, 06:27 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

David, when you say "packed in" I assume you mean suddenly you can't get a recording signal from the headphone output, right?

-Danny Gilbert
      Danny Gilbert

Comment

Re problems recording.
        Yes Danny you were corect that's exactly what I meant.
        Thank you Craig Maier I have taken what you said on board and I will remember to be carefull.
        Just like to say a friend of mine came around and got me going again.
        Once again thank you
        David C

Comment

Working...
        X